- Install the Donkey Republic app for Android 5+ or iOS 11+.
- In the app, find the most convenient pick-up location for you, (the ones with an electric charge next to the number). This indicates an e-bike is available at this pick up location.
- In the bike type selection, select E-Bike and the number of vehicles you would like to rent out (up to 5 vehicles per account) and tap on Continue.
Please note that in order to use an e-bike, you must establish an online connection on your phone, and not just bluetooth.
Please note that you are able to rent multiple e-bikes, but only able to rent 1 type of vehicle. As such, you are not able to rent a bike and an e-bike in the same booking.
- You will be shown a screen with an overview of the total cost per vehicle. Scroll through the graph to see the price for a vehicle rental. If you wish to book a normal rental tap on Rent # vehicle.
*Prices shown are only an indicator, for updated prices, please check in the app.
Please note that you will have to pay separately for the e-bike if your membership does not include e-bikes in it. For more information on e-bike memberships, please see How do I sign up for a membership?
- After you have selected the option Rent # vehicles, choose Create account. If you already have an account, choose Login. You can decide whether to sign up through Facebook or by filling in your details.
- You will then be asked to add your phone number. Please select your country code, fill in the rest of the phone number and press Continue. You will receive a text message with a verification code. Once you have filled in the code, you will be able to proceed with the booking.
- If you are renting more than one vehicle, you will be shown the option to add your co-riders’ emails, so they will be able to lock and unlock the vehicle with their own app.
- Next, fill in your payment information and scroll down the page. You can then choose whether to add theft insurance or not. After allowing the processing of your personal data and accepting the Terms and Conditions of our service you will be able to press Rent Now.
8. Locate the vehicle at the pick-up location, make sure that the name in the app matches the vehicle you are next to, tap Unlock in the app and saddle up - you're good to go!
For information on how to rent a pedal bike, please click here.
Article is closed for comments.