Standard bikes on the Donkey platform are defined as per following:
- The size of the seat tube is between 40 and 55 cm.
- The bike frame either does not have a top tube, or the top tube runs low to allow anyone to easily use the bikes.
- The bikes have both front and rear brakes. The rear brake can be a pedal brake.
- If lights are required by national law for riding bikes in dark, bikes must be equipped with lights.
- The bikes are available 24/7 from publicly accessible locations.
All bikes that are not within the definition of a Standard Bikes are Non-standard Bikes.