We built a smart lock and put it on a bike. It connects to the app via Bluetooth. Once you made a booking, you login to the app then use it to unlock it.
Check out the animation below!
- On the app, tap the rental you made. Here, the bike name is shown. Here is also shown the UNLOCK button.
- Use the map in the app to find the bike at the pick up location.
- When you reach the pick up location, find the bike. Each bike should have a panel (it is in orange and with our logo) attached to the handlebar (aka the steering bar).
- On the right edge of the panel, the bike name is printed in a white area. This bike name on the panel should match the bike name shown on the mobile app.
- Once the match is found, this confirms you have found the bike you have booked.
- Please notice the lock (a bike ring lock) is on the rear wheel, beneath the saddle.
- On the app, tap the rental you made, tap the UNLOCK button.
- You should hear the beeping sound from the lock.
- Pull the orange knob up to unlock the bike.
- It should release and you are good to go !
The lock will only unlock via connecting to the app via Bluetooth. We are unable to unlock the bike from our systems without using that connection.
Get the app here.