We built a smart lock and put it on a bike. It connects to the app via Bluetooth. Once you rented your bike, use the app to unlock it.
Check out the animation below!
- Go to the Rentals page in the app and tap on the bike you want to unlock.
- Use the map in the app to find the bike at the pick-up location. Each bike should have a panel (it is in orange and with our logo) attached to the handlebar (aka the steering bar). On it, the bike name is printed in a white area. This bike name on the panel should match the bike name shown in the app.
- Once you know you're next to the right bike, tap the Unlock button in the app.
- Please notice the lock (a bike ring lock) is on the rear wheel, beneath the saddle.
- If the lock doesn't automatically open after you unlocked it in the app, pull up the orange knob.
- Saddle up and start exploring!
Only you can unlock the bike by connecting your phone to the electronic lock. We can't unlock it for you remote.
Get the app here.