In the 'Rentals' view, each rental comes with several information regarding its duration, name of the rented bike, net revenue, status and so on.
Under STATUS you have the information regarding the phase in which each rental is. There are 4 different statuses.
1. ONGOING: it means that the rental is happening now and the bike is currently used by the rider
2. ENDED: the rental has been ended. There are 3 different icons for this status:
1. The rental has been ENDED WITHOUT GPS by the rider. Through the app, the customer has the possibility to end the rental without GPS upon explicit confirmation that the bike is parked at the hub. The bike location is not known.
2. The rental has been ENDED AUTOMATICALLY by a feature built in the Donkey Republic app. We know the bike location with good approximation.
3.The rental has been ENDED correctly WITH GPS by the rider. The bike has been dropped off at the hub, and we know its location.
3. EXPIRED: the booked rental period is ended but the rider has not ended it correctly through his/ her device. The bike location is not known
4. CANCELLED: the booking has been cancelled. When a booking is cancelled, the full a mount charged is refunded to the customer. There are 4 different types of cancellation (you can see cancelled rentals more in details by clicking 'Switch to cancelled rentals' the top left corner in Rentals view ):
1. Cancellation due to FACTORS NOT CONCERNING THE BIKE or THE LOCK. F.e., the rider had to change his/ her plan for the day. This cancellation does not disable the bike.
2. Cancellation due to an ISSUE WITH THE BIKE. It could be a flat tyre, chain too loose ..etc. This type of cancellation will disable the rented bike.
3. The rider CANNOT FIND THE BIKE at the hub. The rented bike is therefore disabled and reported missing.
4. The rider has an ISSUE WITH THE LOCK. The lock is not responding to his/ her device. The bike is disabled.
When not CANCELLED, the flow of a rental would then be the following:
ONGOING -> ENDED -> EXPIRED (when not ended correctly)