A) If you are still at the location where you picked up the bike:
If you already unlocked your bike but need to change it, call us. We can switch your bike to another one from the same pick-up location.
If there is no available bike at the pick-up location, we will make a refund to you and you can rent another bike from a different nearby location. Renting a new bike is easy since you have stored all the payment details in the mobile app so it is only a few taps away!
If you call us outside our office hours, lock the bike at the pick-up location, end the rental and write us an email about the problem. Then we can issue a refund for you.
B) If you are not at the location where you picked up the bike:
When a problem occurs during your ride, also call us.
If we are not available, please do as follows:
1. Bring the bike to the closest Donkey drop-off location.
2. Lock the bike and end the rental there. If you have not purchased the Flex drop-off option, add it to your rental and then end the rental (you will be refunded for this).
3. Make a new reservation for a new bicycle. If you want to drop the new bike at the location where you picked up your old bike, add the Flex-drop off option to your rental.
4. Write us an email about the problem that occurred including the name of the bicycle. Then we can give you a refund for the rental of the broken bike.
C) If you can't bring the bicycle to a Donkey location:
1. Lock the bike on a safe, but publicly accessible spot.
2. Send us an email with a Google Maps screenshot of the exact location where you left the bicycle and a description of the problem. When we know the location of the bicycle, we can issue a refund for you.