A) If you are still at the location where you picked up the bike:
If you already unlocked your bike but need to change it, call us. We can switch your bike to another one from the same pick-up location.
If there is no available bike at the pick-up location, we will make a refund to you and you can rent another bike from a different nearby location. Renting a new bike is easy since you have stored all the payment details in the mobile app so it is only a few taps away!
If you call us outside our office hours, lock the bike at the pick-up location, end the rental and write us an email about the problem. Then we can issue a refund for you.
B) If you are not at the location where you picked up the bike:
When a problem occurs during your ride, also call us.
If we are not available, please do as follows:
1. Bring the bike to the closest Donkey drop-off location.
2. Lock the bike and end the rental there. If you have not purchased the Flex drop-off option, add it to your rental and then end the rental (you will be refunded for this).
3. Rent another bike. If you want to drop the new bike at the location where you picked up your previous bike, please add the Flex-drop off option to your rental.
4. Write us an email about the problem that occurred including the name of the previous bike (e.g. Donkey_123). Then we can give you a refund for the rental of the broken bike.
C) If you can't bring the bicycle to a Donkey location:
1. Lock the bike at a safe, but publicly accessible spot.
2. Send us an email with a Google Maps screenshot of the exact location where you left the bike and a description of the problem. Please include the name of the bike (e.g. Donkey_123)
3. When we know the location of the bicycle, we can issue a refund for you.